"Not all who wander are lost"

"Not all who wander are lost"

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The worst part of study abroad Blog 13

There is nothing worse than being 6000 miles away from home when a loved one passes away.  It hasn't been any of my relatives in particular, but almost everyday this week I've received news that someone has passed away.  My heart aches for my friends.  Friends that have lost brothers, daughters, grandmothers and grandfathers.  I can't be there to give them a hug, or comfort them.  And one in particular was someone I really cared about, and I want desperately to be able to go to the funeral, his family is my family, and I want to be there for them.  I feel so far away, I feel so alone.  My friends and family are hurting, I'm hurting.  I've never missed home so much.

The only thing I can do is pray, and believe me, I am.

I find comfort in the fact that there is a Heaven, and that makes this less painful all around.  But I just want to be with my family right now, and I can't.

So this is me, sending digital hugs to everybody who has lost someone in the past couple weeks.  I'm thinking about you and I'm praying for you constantly, I'm so sorry for your loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment